Welcome to

Michael's 80s (M80s) Soundtrack for an 80s Generation

Music videos, pictures, mp3s, remixes and 80s fun.

Your no 1 place for 80's nostalgia. Enjoy! : )


To message me michaelmouse1967@yahoo.co.uk

Links Are Dead - I Know

I keep getting Emails from people asking me to re-upload the links and music etc. I think people are just getting to those particular pages so are not reading the reason for the dead links.

So I am putting this in place so hopefully people will read it and stop Emailing me about it.

The reason the links are dead is that my account with Media Fire has been closed with all 11,000 files lost. That is why you can not download the things and No I can not re-upload them.

Eventually I will start doing that again when I have found something suitable. In the meantime this blog will be information only blog.

Thank you all

Michaael

New Blog Forum

The 80s Music and Fame Media Forum is now open for users to chat, make new friends, leave messages for each other and leave comments on the blog sites. To access it click the link below or use the link in the side bar.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/kidsfromfamemed/

Poll

Choose Next Artist
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Saturday 22 August 2009

Torch Song Trilogy - Soundtrack

I have recently posted some soundtracks to films that I have in my collection that other people had requested. This got me to thinking that I would like to do some posts charting the movies that I loved back in the 80's.
So this is the first in an ongoing series of posts about the films that I loved and were special to me. Starting with.......

Torch Song Trilogy is a 1988 comedy / drama / romance adapted by Harvey Fierstein from his play of the same title. The film was directed by Paul Bogart, starring Fierstein as Arnold, Anne Bancroft as Ma Beckoff, Matthew Broderick as Alan, Brian Kerwin as Ed, and Eddie Castrodad as David.

Wanting to highlight the work of female impersonator Charles Pierce, Fierstein created the role of Bertha Venation specifically for him. Broderick originally refused the role of Alan because he was recuperating from an automobile accident in Ireland. Tate Donavan was cast, but two days into the rehearsal period Broderick had a change of heart and contacted Fierstein, who fired Donovan.

Although the play was over four hours, the film was restricted to a running time of two hours at the insistence of New Line Cinema, necessitating much editing and excisions. The time frame was regressed to begin several years earlier than when the play was set.

Cast
Anne Bancroft as Ma Beckoff
Matthew Broderick as Alan Simon
Harvey Fierstein as Arnold Beckoff
Brian Kerwin as Ed Reese
Karen Young as Laurel
Eddie Castrodad as David
Ken Page as Murray
Charles Pierce as Bertha Venation
Axel Vera as Marina Del Ray


This is one of my all time fav movies as it winds through the hardship and fun of a gay man trying to live. This was on around the time when I was trying to come to terms with myself being gay. This film in some way captured me and made me think that it was OK to be gay.

Tracklisting:
01 - 'S Wonderful - Count Basie Orchestra, Joe Williams
02 - Dames - Harvey Fierstein, , Nick Montgomery, Robert Neary, Ken Page,
Charles Pierce, Axel Vera
03 - But Not For Me - Billie Holiday
04 - Body and Soul
05 - Svelte - Harvey Fierstein
06 - Skylark - Marilyn Scott
07 - I Loves You, Porgy - Bill Evans, Bill Evans
08 - Can't We Be Friends - Anita O'Day
09 - Love For Sale - Harvey Fierstein
10 - What's New - Billie Holiday


Click the link below to download the album:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ccb7d0cd98a6267aaca48175a79d1c3347d1fef6a6029a7ce018c8114394287

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, have been looking for this soundtrack for ages

    ReplyDelete