Welcome to

Michael's 80s (M80s) Soundtrack for an 80s Generation

Music videos, pictures, mp3s, remixes and 80s fun.

Your no 1 place for 80's nostalgia. Enjoy! : )


To message me michaelmouse1967@yahoo.co.uk

Links Are Dead - I Know

I keep getting Emails from people asking me to re-upload the links and music etc. I think people are just getting to those particular pages so are not reading the reason for the dead links.

So I am putting this in place so hopefully people will read it and stop Emailing me about it.

The reason the links are dead is that my account with Media Fire has been closed with all 11,000 files lost. That is why you can not download the things and No I can not re-upload them.

Eventually I will start doing that again when I have found something suitable. In the meantime this blog will be information only blog.

Thank you all

Michaael

New Blog Forum

The 80s Music and Fame Media Forum is now open for users to chat, make new friends, leave messages for each other and leave comments on the blog sites. To access it click the link below or use the link in the side bar.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/kidsfromfamemed/

Poll

Choose Next Artist
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Thursday 27 October 2011

Bucks Fizz - My Camera Never Lies

'My Camera Never Lies' is a 1982 single by pop group, Bucks Fizz. It became a UK number-one hit single in April 1982 and was featured on their album Are You Ready.

'My Camera Never Lies' was written by Andy Hill and Nichola Martin and produced by Andy Hill. Hill was the group's regular songwriter and producer, while Martin had been the woman who had put the group together and occasionally co-wrote some songs. This was her only No.1 hit, although she also co-penned the follow-up, 'Now Those Days Are Gone', which was a top 10 hit.

The lyrics concern a man who has become obsessed with a woman, who is clearly not interested, but he thinks differently and has convinced himself that she is lying to herself and so he pursues her. The 'camera' of the title denotes his view of the situation.

'My Camera Never Lies' was the third UK number one single for Bucks Fizz for a single week in April 1982 and saw the group reach the peak of their career, being the follow-up to 'The Land of Make Believe', which had also reached No.1 a few months earlier. The single was one of the group's biggest hits and after a swift rise to the top, remained on the chart for 8 weeks. This was to be the group's final No.1, but gave Bucks Fizz their third chart topper in 12 months. It was one of the top 40 selling singles of the year.

The promotional video which accompanied the song depicted Bucks Fizz dressed as characters from a number of famous movies, such as The Wizard of Oz and Cleopatra.

'My Camera Never Lies' featured on the group's second album, Are You Ready, released two months later. An extended version of the song was released on 12" single. A slight reworking with some re-recorded vocals was released on The Lost Masters album in 2006.

Click the link belowt o download the following:
Video
Single Version
12 inch Version
2006 Good Eyes Remixed Version featuring Shelly
What Am I Gonna Dop - B-Side

http://www.mediafire.com/?tst22f2ydar7y

No comments:

Post a Comment